Saturday, August 17, 2019

Mumbai ---

Born & Educated here, I share some views about this City we have all come to Love. Mumbai teaches us a lot about Life and Living. probably No other City in India teaches you as much as Mumbai. Once you spend Time here, you would not like to leave the City.
Mumbai buzzes with activity all the 24 hours. The Lifeline of Mumbai, the local trains are worth experiencing. Mumbai seems perpetually a City in Progress, with all the digging, laying and resurfacing being done.
The food in Mumbai is very cheap. In the restaurants of Mumbai we can observe how in a limited space, maximum number of tables can be accomodated for the benefit of the customers.
The food of all states is available as per their choice and budget and eating out is a lively thing there.
The human waves at Andheri, CST, Dadar, and Churchgate are the tings to watch, and new comers asking the commuters which side of the train is the next station or how many stations is another away.
No new comer to the city would feel that he is a stranger here.

The feelGood about Mumbai is the friendly people thay have. They always guide the people, even if they are in a hurry, because they understand the problem of others. To understand life better, you need not have to have read many books, talk to people etc. If you live in Mumbai your outlook would change and you would feel that you are with a friend.
Despite underworld activities and other mafia gang operations, the city is peaceful and women are safe. In the Trains you see many women travel late at night without fear, and causing no anxiety to their kith and kin at home.
Innumerable number of Markets around Railway stations, and the Malls, Juhu beach, Malabar Hill and of course Navi Mumbai and others provide many opportunities for enjoyment and window shopping. This is the City where you don't feel lonely.
When you are in this city you will feel that sayings like, "Nothing is Impossible", and "Sky is the Limit" are true. Anyone who has to leave 








When you are in this city you will feel that certain sayings like "NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE", " SKY IS THE LIMIT", are really true.The man who is transferred out of Mumbai would always come to Mumbai at the earliest opportunity. People from all states live in harmony without any barriers for religion or caste or language. The concept of Mera Bharat Mahaan is really felt only in Mumbai.
Further as many people say, the city never sleeps. This is absolutely true. Some people who reached Mumbai without a penny in their hand have become millionaires through dint of hard work. Some of them who slept on the railway platforms became ministers as well. I may say the city is a  city of opportunities and prosperity. If you want to work you will always find some opportunity to earn your livelihood without depending on others.
In short Mumbai is a foreign destination within India where you can live without the requirement of  a visa. If some thing is happening, it  is happening only in Mumbai.
The taxi wallahs in Mumbai are the honest... the reasons could be attributed to many reasons......
I have a first hand experience  to narrate.....
When I was new to mumbai..... one sunday my friend invited me to his house for lunch..... I was to go to his house in Andheri from Chembur.....I was not knowing neither chembur nor andheri....
Further , i was also not aware of the laziness of the trains on the harbour line.....on sundays......due to attributable maintenance.....
My friend told me how I should reach andheri.... from chembur....he said that he will be waiting for me at a particular place on the platform to  receive me....
I boarded the train at chembur.... after reaching tilaknagar... there was news that  the train would not go further..... After waiting for some time... I saw a taxi... near the tilaknagar station ...  I asked him to take me upto andheri... he refused... As we are used for paying extra money for autos/taxis....out of our experience of living elsewhere.... I offered him that I would pay extra... He politely refused saying that it would be a very costly affair for me and advised me to walk down up to kurla which is very near by to take anothr train coming  from somewhere to  reach andheri.

In fact he guided me as to how i should follow  the other passengers who are walking towards kurla...... he requested one such passengers to help me to go  reach andheri........If it is some other place the tazxiwallaha could have made a forutne out of the ignorance of the innocent travellers.....I still remember this incident and I express my gratitude to that unknown taxiwallaha through these columns of sulekha.
Here I had to necessarily mention the patience of my friend.. I reached andheri after one and half hours of delay... But my committed friend still waiting there unmind ful of the delay... There were no cell phones at that time with me as well as my friend.... I also salute my friend for having shown faith in me that i would definetly reach andheri some time or the other....
It is a pleasant experience to narrate this incident after  a long time....and feeling good to narrate..

No comments:

Post a Comment